HR & EMPLOYMENT LEGAL SUPPORT
Your staff are the beating heart of your school, holding the power to leave a lasting impact on many young lives, so having access to good quality HR and employment legal support is crucial.
Not only will this ensure any debates are solved in a correct way, but also that they are handled as quickly as possible, to minimise any knock-on effects to your students’ development.
When HR and employment issues arise, it can be difficult to know where to seek help from. In the past, many schools and academies have had to rely on the council to help settle disagreements, but we know that this can be a costly, lengthy and frustrating process for problems that need to be sorted as quickly as possible. So, we began thinking of ways we could shave down costs for our clients while maximising the effects from their absence insurance policy.
We had already heard our clients share their desire for access to lawyers or solicitors as part of their HR support service. So, we partnered with Hunter Adams and made it happen. With the help of this leading provider of HR and employment support services, we aim to bring you the professional advice you need to efficiently and effectively solve HR and legal issues, without the financial burden of going through the council or seeking solicitors independently.
Schools UK, Hunter Adams and Employment Support cover each school or academy for a number of aspects. This includes providing unlimited telephone and email support, as well as day-to-day advice on HR and employment law issues, to help your institution run as smoothly as possible.
Areas you can seek advice from us on include:
- Sickness absence
- Appraisals and performance-related pay
- Trade union relations
- Disciplinary and grievance issues
- Terms and conditions of employment
- Flexible working and family-friendly policies
- Compensation and benefits for staff, including salary benchmarking
Our policy also includes:
- Regular updates on any legal changes, including tailored advice as to how this will affect schools in particular
- A review of your existing policies and procedures to ensure they are up-to-date, compliant and fit-for-purpose
- Support for periods of change, including restructuring and redundancies
- General advice for management on all HR matters
- Coaching and guidance for managers in dealing with interpersonal issues
- Attendance at all hearings and appeals where dismissal is a possibility, to ensure everything is done fairly
- Attendance at management or board meetings as required
- General HR administration and coordination on a daily basis
- Free attendance for the school Head and Business Managers at our regular Education and Employment Law seminars and events
- Visits that are equivalent to one full days’ attendance from one of our HR specialists or employment lawyers every academic year
We have been a client with Schools UK for 5 years now, growing from a trust of 2 schools up to 14. Schools UK’s staff absence insurance policy helps to support our employee’s through their wellbeing package, whilst also helping to protect our financial budget where a staff absence occurs. Their personal level of service is fantastic, with friendly, helpful and knowledgeable staff.
Bridge Schools Multi Academy Trust.